Welcome to WebNap v1.1.0|
A web-based Napster-compatible client in PHP
We currently have ONE MIRROR to host WebNap. It is fully functional, so go get some songs!
- Demo Server(added Jan 10, 2001) [update (1/29/2001) - Link currently broken.]
Disclaimer: This website is merely intended to be a demonstration of
technology, NOT a means of downloading illegal mp3's. ABUSE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! We are only responsible for our code,
NOT for the traffic passing through these pages due to you, the
Download the latest source code: webnap-1.1.0.tar.gz
Send all comments to aakash at idearing.com or
kalpak at idearing.com
28 Oct 2000
16 Oct 2000
- The fine folks at wedgemusic.com have let us link to their site as a WebNap demo server. Please feel free to use their WebNap search engine. If you have connection problems, please note that we (Kalpak and Aakash) are not maintaining this server. Please contact the admin on wedgemusic.com.
29 Sept 2000
- The demo server is currently down due to a glitch in the web server configuration. We hope it is up again in a day or two (whenever the server admin fixes it). Sorry for the inconvenience.
12 Sept 2000
- Released v1.1.0. It's finally here! Our demo server is already running it. Featuring persistent connections, music charts, top searches and several bugs fixed. Go get some songs!
23 August 2000
- 4:30PM EST. The mirror site is now up and functional.
- 4:15PM EST. You may notice that the current mirror is having some problems and
you will be unable to use WebNap for some time. We hope to bring back our mirror
site asap and will keep you posted.
- You may also be wondering when the next release is coming. Since we are busy with
school and/or work, it has taken us considerably more time to add features to WebNap. In any case, an important change was made that added persistent connection to the Napster server. This change will be included in the next release (hopefully by next week).
17 August 2000
- WARNING! Installing WebNap on a server for public use will most likely get you banned for leeching/hammering. Our demo sites have already been banned. Please use it for personal use. Meanwhile, we are working on enabling file sharing and persistent connections.
- There is a misconfiguration with the distribution of WebNap 1.0.1. The file "config.inc", which contains the database login info, is world-readable. If you have downloaded this version, please download the v1.0.2 release or make the following changes:
- Rename "config.inc" to "config.inc.php" (or "config.inc.php3").
- In the file "webnap.inc", change the line
include("config.inc") to refer to the new name. For example, include("config.inc.php").
29 September 2000
18 August 2000
- v1.0.2 -> 1.1.0
- Added persistent connection to server
- Added realtime Music Charts feature
- Added Top 10 searches feature
11 August 2000
- v1.0.1 -> 1.0.2
- More fixes to firewall download (timeouts if no data received)
- Renamed all .inc to .inc.php to avoid leaking database login info
- Updated license
8 August 2000
- v1.0 -> 1.0.1
- Several issues with firewall download fixed. Uses database
for better concurrent access and security.
- Changes in download script to exit more gracefully.
13 July 2000
- v0.9.1 -> 1.0
- Improved customizable layout
- Faster result loads for IE5/Mozilla
- Sort by name/size/time/frequency/bitrate/user
- Simultaneous firewall download
- Transfer songs directly to online storage lockers
- Help Docs
10 July 2000
- v0.9 -> 0.9.1
- Added a script to get up-to-date server list from Napigator
22 June 2000
- v0.5 -> 0.9
- Added single user firewall download support (uses a perl script)
- Ability to browse user's files
- Option to mark users behind a firewall
- Better error handling
15 June 2000
- v0.4.1 -> 0.5
- Added search options: max results, search by speed
- One-click download
- Better error handling
- Filesize printed with comma-separated thousands
- Results are numbered
- Changes to layout
- Lots of code-reorganization
9 June 2000
- v0.4 -> 0.4.1
- Improved layout
- Alternate row colors
- Perform new search from any page
8 June 2000
26 May 2000
- v0.2 -> v0.3
- Removed unnecessary print/echo lines
- Added function "printstats" to print server statistics
- Fixed the "file identifier not found" warning that came up at the
bottom of the get song page
- Some code cleaning
- Filename strings had a trailing quote. Fixed.
- Cosmetic enhancements galore - Tables!
25 May 2000
- Require username and password to login.
- v0.1 -> v0.2
- Fixed a bug in file download: Filesize from remote client wasn't being read correctly.
29 Sep 2000
- File sharing
- Integration with Gnutella?
- Opennap - Open Source Napster Server
- Napigator - Navigator to Napster-compatible Servers
- PHP.net - PHP Installation stuff